Adrenal Fatigue and Weakness
1. Laydown for 3 minutes
2. Check blood pressure
3. Stand up
4. Check blood pressure
Source: Dr. Eric Berg
Sponsor: Weight Loss Coach
Source: Dr Eric Berg
Sponsor: Weight Loss Coach
How to do Intermittent Fasting for Serious Weight Loss
Start with 3 meals per day, no snacking.
Then do 3 meals per day (no snacking) but only eating your 3 meals in a 8 hour window, thus fasting for 16 hours. Ultimately, you want to fast for 20 hours and eat within a 4 hour window – 2 meals per day. If you add exercise, high intensity interval training, you can greatly enhance Growth Hormone even more. Eating increases insulin … eat less often, produce less insulin, lose weight.
Fat Gut = Too Much Insulin
Liquids: Intermittent Fasting and Ketosis
Intermittent Fasting & Hypoglycemia
Intermittent Fasting Articles
Intermittent fasting is not a diet, it’s a pattern of eating. It’s a way of scheduling your meals so that you get the most out of them. Intermittent fasting doesn’t change what you eat, it changes when you eat.
Benefits of IF include: lose weight from your body fat, decrease inflammation, improve metabolic profile, improved insulin sensitivity, reduced need for obsessive compulsive eating.
For those that may not be familiar to the term, intermittent fasting is just taking “intermittent” times of fasting (no food) and working them into your lifestyle. This can be either daily or a couple times a week (will get into that more below).
From what I have read/learned from years of independent research on reduced calorie intake (CR) and IF (**studies listed at end), the conclusions are that using short-term calorie restriction/fasting may be effective when it comes to:
- Reducing blood glucose and insulin levels (improving the state of the overall glucose metabolism)
- Increasing fatty acid oxidation with increased FFAs (through increasing lipolysis hormones GH, glucagon and adrenaline)
- Sparing and preserving muscle tissue (lean mass)
- Increasing various health factors (lower inflammation, lower blood pressure, reduced oxidative stress, increased protection against neuro-degenerative diseases, and more)
- Keeping the metabolism strong/healthy (as eating more meals does not “speed up” your metabolism)
- There are also a multitude of lifestyle benefits such as not being a slave to eating all day long (like modern “diets” seem to preach), having more natural daily energy/focus, and even just learning how to enjoy eating once again (with good foods and friends).
Overall it can be a simple eating lifestyle that can not only help you lose weight, but more importantly let you relax and provide relief from obsessing about food or “diets” all day.
Sponsor: Weight Loss Coach
Are you suffering from hypoglycemia?
Remember, knowledge is your best defense against health problems. Learn about the basics of hypoglycemia, hypoglycemia symptoms, signs and treatment. Hypoglycemia is a condition of low blood sugar in the body. This happens due to an overreation of insulin (insulin is responsible for controlling the blood sugar levels in the body). So when the insulin is spiked too much or too fast in the body, it drops the sugar too low. The symptoms of low blood sugar include headache, stomach noise, brain dead, weepiness, craving sweets, anxiety, depression, moody, paranoid, fatigue, fear. So we should avoid having sugar in case of any hypoglycemia symptoms. A person with diabetes can have both forms of blood sugar levels, i.e. hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) or hypoglycemia (low glucose levels). The foods having hidden sources of carbs and sugars are juices, fruits, grains, yogurt, wine. For hypoglycemia treatment, a person can have berberine (that is an ancient chinese herb), nutritional yeast, high potassium foods, exercise, protein breakfast. Avoid hidden sugars, like juice, fruit, grains, yogurt and wine…sorry.
Symptoms of Hypoglycemia
- Excess Hunger
Take the Advanced Evaluation Quiz: http://www.drberg.com/evaluation
hyperglycemia, signs of diabetes, diabetes mellitus, glucose, gestational diabetes, low blood sugar symptoms, hypoglycemia symptoms, symptoms of low blood sugar, how to lower blood sugar, symptoms of hypoglycemia, signs of low blood sugar, sugar level, blood sugar levels, what is hypoglycemia, reactive hypoglycemia, nephropathy, blood sugar diet
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Dr. Berg talks about the health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar. It contains Acetic Acid, the key ingredient at a pH of 2.5 The different parts of our body have different levels of pH. The Key is to know your blood pH level and adjust accordingly. Acetic acid is very acidic and is used to cure various conditions like acid reflux in which the stomach becomes too much alkaline. High levels of cortisol might cause this body condition. You might also show symptoms of calcium or potassium deficiency in which case you can use apple cider vinegar. There are many benefits of apple cider vinegar and Apple cider vinegar is fantastic for all sorts of ailments, but not because of it’s nutritional content, but from the ability to acidify the body. It will help in the transportation of minerals, especially calcium, the digestion of proteins, the stimulation of thyroid function. Interestingly, due to the common excessive alkalinity a good portion of the population has, apple cider vinegar is a safe and healthy solution.
Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
- 12 Ounces of Water
- 2 teaspoons Bragg’s ACV
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice or Italian Volcano® Lemon Juice
- Ginger (shredded or extract) – Optional
Drink one glass before each meal.
Tinnitus: Ringing in the Ear
Ringing in the ears usually comes from an old infection or soft tissue calcium build-up in the inner ear. There is a good remedy you can get from the health food store called: Lipoflavonoids, an extract from the vitamin C complex found in lemon peels. The supplement lowers histamines, which are involved in inflammation in the ear. But you need high doses in some cases to see change. It is used to treat Meniere’s disease (a condition that affects hearing and dizziness). I would also add garlic and oregano oil as in supplements to speed up the process.
Cause of Ringing in the Ear: Low Vitamin D
Remedies for Ringing in the Ear
- Vitamin D3
- Vitamin K2
- Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin)
- Vitamin B1
What are the best nuts to eat on a Ketogenic Diet?
Low Carb Nuts
Are you overweight, in pain, suffering from diabetes or inflammation? The Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) diet could be just what you need to start living a high quality life!
What do you need to know to successfully eat low carb for life?
Dr. Phinney is a physician-scientist who has spent 35 years studying diet, exercise, fatty acids, and inflammation. He has published over 70 papers and several patents. He received his MD from Stanford University, his PhD in Nutritional Biochemistry from MIT, and post-doctoral training at the University of Vermont and Harvard.
Your Family can Reap the Healthy Rewards of an Anti-Inflammatory Diet
By Eddie A. Ariss, M.D.
Inflammation is a component of essentially all autoimmune diseases. From a naturopathic perspective in treating the cause of inflammation, one of the first ways to address this is through an anti-inflammatory diet. This upstream approach to treatment focuses on avoiding pro-inflammatory foods and eating a diet rich in anti-inflammatory foods.
Additionally, since medical research is converging on inflammation as the common link in most diseases (heart disease, Alzheimer’s, asthma, diabetes, cancer, etc.), eating an anti-inflammatory diet is a great model of dietary health for everyone.
Avoid most packaged foods with a long list of ingredients. When preparing foods select raw, fresh, steamed, or broiled options over fried, barbequed or highly-processed choices. Specific recommendations are to eat more of the following:
- Colorful Whole Fruits and Vegetables – Eating foods with deep red, yellow, orange and green colors provides vitamins and minerals, phytonutrients, fiber and potent antioxidants that minimize inflammation. Eating foods as close to their unrefined state preserves the content of these beneficial nutrients.
- Healthy Fats – This includes the Omega 3 oils found in fatty fish (salmon, mackerel, sardines) and foods such as avocados, extra virgin olive oil, raw nuts and seeds.
- Fiber – Fiber promotes adequate bowel movements, creates a favorable environment for healthy bacteria in your gut, and supports the body’s overall detoxification process. A few tablespoons of ground flax seeds daily are a great way to add soluble and insoluble fiber.
- Moderate Amounts of Organic Meat – Grass-fed beef or bison is higher in anti-inflammatory essential fats. Organic free-range chicken tend to be lower in antibiotics and are fed a vegetable/grain based diet, which tends to offer cleaner sources of protein.
- Spices/Herbs – Seasonings such as garlic, ginger and turmeric add an anti-inflammatory component to the diet.
Eliminate or eat less of the following:
- Trans or Hydrogenated Fats – The body has no mechanism to use these unnatural fats that ultimately cause inflammation. These should be eliminated from your diet.
- Refined Oils – Commercial safflower, corn, and canola oils have had much of their health-promoting content removed for shelf-storage purposes and tend to be high in omega 6 fats that can be converted to inflammatory arachadonic acid, a type of fat that stimulates inflammation in the body.
- High Glycemic or Processed Foods – Highly processed carbohydrates such as bread, pastas, cakes, candy, fruit juice and corn syrup are quickly digested leading to a rapid rise in blood sugar and a subsequent inflammatory cascade stimulated by insulin.
- Red Meat – Avoid these meats when possible or eat organic grass-fed meat to reduce ingesting high levels of pro-inflammatory arachadonic acid.
- Common Food Allergies – Milk products, eggs, gluten from wheat and peanuts can cause inflammatory reactions in many people and are best avoided.
- Artificial Sweeteners & Preservatives – These additives have no nutritional value and tend to promote inflammatory reactions.
Dr. Eddie A. Ariss is a board certified physician with Fresh Vitality. Fresh Vitality provides a comfortable, safe, and pleasurable environment for patients seeking to attain true health from the inside out. Our patients are carefully and thoroughly assessed and treated by Dr. Ariss, who will help you to achieve your best self through lifelong healthy eating habits, exercise, vitamin and mineral supplements. To find out more contact Fresh Vitality TODAY to schedule your no-obligation consultation!
Fresh Vitality | 727-502-9000 | 1025 7th Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL 33705 or visit www.freshvitality.com
Thank you for visiting PinellasLife.com. Family Life Sponsor: Child Care in Manassas VA
Transformative Power of Yoga Science with Expert Leonard Perlmutter
Blog Post Sponsor: child care manassas va
Today, the evidence is everywhere that meditation improves health, mental acuity, emotional balance and spiritual connection. Leonard Perlmuttter is one of the Western world’s leading pioneers in the introduction of meditation into the cultural firmament, having founded the American Meditation Institute (AMI) in 1996. AMI’s courses are now approved and accredited by the American Medical Association and the American Nurses Association.
Perlmutter, considered one of West’s foremost guides to understanding the nature of consciousness, now offers a heralded book that is an encyclopedic guide to meditation and the Yoga Science that lies behind it.The Heart and Science of Yoga: The American Meditation Institute’s Empowering Self-Care Program for a Happy, Healthy, Joyful Life shows us the way to meld meditation and yoga into your busy life experience to bring a new level of peace, contentment and wellbeing.
This ultimate guidebook to meditation and Yoga Science explains not just what to do BUT WHY TO DO IT—how our choices and actions energetically enhance or diminish our empowerment…. influencing our ability to live well, peacefully and successfully.
In The Heart and Science of Yoga, you’ll discover:
- How the Bridge of Yoga can always lead you to your highest and greatest good
- The 8 different Yoga Science steps that prepare you to lead a life of daily bliss
- The best and easiest ways to anchor meditation in your life-even if you are prone to drift!
- The right mantra for you—and why a mantra makes such a profound difference
- The keys to AMI’s world renowned Meditation System
- How stillness is the Divine Physician