How to do Intermittent Fasting for Serious Weight Loss
Start with 3 meals per day, no snacking.
Then do 3 meals per day (no snacking) but only eating your 3 meals in a 8 hour window, thus fasting for 16 hours. Ultimately, you want to fast for 20 hours and eat within a 4 hour window – 2 meals per day. If you add exercise, high intensity interval training, you can greatly enhance Growth Hormone even more. Eating increases insulin … eat less often, produce less insulin, lose weight.
Fat Gut = Too Much Insulin
Liquids: Intermittent Fasting and Ketosis
Intermittent Fasting & Hypoglycemia
Intermittent Fasting Articles
Intermittent fasting is not a diet, it’s a pattern of eating. It’s a way of scheduling your meals so that you get the most out of them. Intermittent fasting doesn’t change what you eat, it changes when you eat.
Benefits of IF include: lose weight from your body fat, decrease inflammation, improve metabolic profile, improved insulin sensitivity, reduced need for obsessive compulsive eating.
For those that may not be familiar to the term, intermittent fasting is just taking “intermittent” times of fasting (no food) and working them into your lifestyle. This can be either daily or a couple times a week (will get into that more below).
From what I have read/learned from years of independent research on reduced calorie intake (CR) and IF (**studies listed at end), the conclusions are that using short-term calorie restriction/fasting may be effective when it comes to:
- Reducing blood glucose and insulin levels (improving the state of the overall glucose metabolism)
- Increasing fatty acid oxidation with increased FFAs (through increasing lipolysis hormones GH, glucagon and adrenaline)
- Sparing and preserving muscle tissue (lean mass)
- Increasing various health factors (lower inflammation, lower blood pressure, reduced oxidative stress, increased protection against neuro-degenerative diseases, and more)
- Keeping the metabolism strong/healthy (as eating more meals does not “speed up” your metabolism)
- There are also a multitude of lifestyle benefits such as not being a slave to eating all day long (like modern “diets” seem to preach), having more natural daily energy/focus, and even just learning how to enjoy eating once again (with good foods and friends).
Overall it can be a simple eating lifestyle that can not only help you lose weight, but more importantly let you relax and provide relief from obsessing about food or “diets” all day.
Sponsor: Weight Loss Coach